Harry Kramer (1925 - 1997) is known in Kassel particularly for his active role in establishing the "Kunstlernekropole” at the Blauer See in the Habichtswald. The hairdresser from Lingen, as the artist often ironically called himself, also worked as an actor, dancer and puppeteer in his younger years. Already in the 1950s and continuing into the 60s, Kramer emerged as a widely renowned artist – for example, with a mechanical theater (1952) and particularly with his so-called automobile sculptures, which he also used in making several experimental films. In the manner of Tinguely, Harry Kramer became one of the central protagonists of kinetic art with his moving objects. These represented one of the attractions of documenta 3 in 1964 in the section "Light and Motion”. As a professor and teacher at the Kassel University Art School, Harry Kramer earned great recognition in the 1970s and 80s with collective works and performances produced with his students. The Harry Kramer Archive is located in the nearby Aschrotthaus, Oberste Gasse 24, 34117 Kassel . An appointment may be made to view the extensive materials of the bequest, which include personal effects, original artworks and archival materials relating to Kramer’s artistic production as well as to his teaching activities.